Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Internet Explorer Crashing

Tonight I have been getting a lot of reports of Internet Explorer crashing on my customers.  I have narrowed the problem down so far to a Norton toolbar issue.  I am not sure if it is for all Norton users, or if it only the Norton from Comcast.  Comcast is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. 

Currently, here is the work around:

Go to your CONTROL PANEL.  Click on INTERNET OPTIONS, Click on the PROGRAMS Tab at the top, then click on MANAGE ADD ONS.  Then click on the ones that have Symantec, or Norton, and then press DISABLE on the bottom of the page.  You should now be able to browse the internet as normal. 

I will post back here when the fix is in place.  Hang on to your hats.  :)

Thanks,

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. hmmm i usually use other ones (google chrome lately but lots of issues ever since i added frontier (previously verizon fios) security suite... got any good info on that one? :)

    ReplyDelete